Articles I’ve written on other sites/blogs. Collating them here as a ‘Writing Portfolio” of sorts.
- February 11th, 2014: The False Monopoly on Inspiration Society needs to stop looking at role models as superhuman and instead embrace their mistakes as well as their successes, argues Anne Marie Imafidon. BBC News Magazine
- May 9th, 2013: Are all-male panels at tech conferences a thing of the past? A conference was cancelled after an all-white male panel caused upset. So is the tide really turning for women in technology? The Guardian
- April 11th, 2012: Why arts organisations should act more like startups. Anne-Marie Imafidon discusses the ways you could be using the web in a modified funding landscape. The Guardian
- I also have a Huffington Post blog
I also speak from time to time. Footage is rare, here’s a selection.
- July 13th, 2013: ‘How to Lean in when you’re not Sheryl Sandberg’ keynote at GeekGirlMeetup Berlin. Audio only – here are the slides.
- September 3rd, 2013: Make the Web. Anne-Marie discusses the importance of being able to ‘Make the Web’ alongside Mozilla CEO Mark Surman
- September 5th, 2013: Campus Party Women in Technology Panel. Anne-Marie discusses how to encourage more women into the sector with a panel of women in technology.
- September 6th, 2013: Millenial Panel. Anne-Marie discusses the importance of digital skills and gender for Millenials in Europe, alongside the EU Commission for Innovation.
- November 26th, 2013: Women Shift Digital keynote. Anne-Marie speaks about the Stemettes project and other best practice for encouraging and supporting girls in Technology, Science, Engineering and Maths careers – here are the slides.
- February 12th, 2014: The False Monopoly on Inspiration. Anne-Marie Imafidon argues that we need to think differently about role models. She believes we need to stop looking at them as superhuman and instead embrace their mistakes as well as their successes, their personal foibles as well as their strengths. Once we do that, we can understand that everyone has something to contribute, we can all be members of what she calls the ‘role model club’. BBC Radio 4
- March 11th, 2014: Introduction to the EU Innovation Lecture. Anne-Marie outlines her vision for the ’21st Century idea of a University’ as she introduces Lord Patten of Barnes CH to give his Innovation Lecture. EU Innovation Convention 2014
- March 11th, 2014: The digital revolution: riding the next wave of innovation discussant. Anne-Marie reflects on what Generation Y see as the necessary parts of life-cycle of an entrepreneur. This session brought together leading entrepreneurs to share insights and antidotes on how they found success.EU Innovation Convention 2014
- January 22nd, 2015: Let’s save the world – with girl-led startups. Girls growing up in so many countries today have equal access to Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (known collectively as STEM) education and careers that boys have had for centuries. But they aren’t represented in these fields – here’s why it’s important they are and what we should be doing to increase the number of girl-led startups around the world. TEDxBarcelona 2015.